Wednesday 9 March 2016

Winton VMRC RD 1 March 5 & 6 2016

Well second event of the year for me first one at Winton. Headed up after work Friday to the track to stay in the bunkhouse was going to be a hot w/end around 39 degrees both days. Settled in and enjoyed a light BBQ put on by Benalla Auto club Members.
Was assigned post 12.0 for the w/end by myself which is fine we often run one a point at Winton due to having a light system was going to be interesting to see how the cars go on a new track surface.
We had six categories PRB Clubman, Porsche 944, Combined Tin Tops, Excel Series, BMW E30 and Vic V8s.
Great field of Excels around 23 Porsche and BMW also well supported Good racing all w/end considering how hot it was the new surface gave way to faster laps and records broken Excels were the ones to watch kicking up the dirt or should I say Dust on the edge of the track so I got a good dust bath both days along with some of my fellow Marshals around the track.
Only a few reports from my post mainly light side to side contact through turns 11 & 12.
 Nice dinner put on by Winton Saturday night a great w/end with a great Team and the icy pole Sunday with our drink run was a great cool down.
Next Event for me is F1 in Melbourne


Briefing


ICY POLE

Dinner Saturday



SAFETY CREWS


VIC V8S



POST 12.0


LIGHT SYSTEM


TURN 12



No comments:

Post a Comment